Updated: Mar 10, 2020
Small Businesses listen up! If you aren’t utilising social media for your customer service it’s about time you did! You can deliver this via many channels and numerous ways, according to the type of business or service you provide. Check out the following for some tips!
1. Once you have had dealings with a customer or client – how about dropping them a direct tweet (@joebloggs) saying thank you for their custom or to ask how they are finding your product or service. You will then have an instant connection and they will most probably follow you back. This is certainly not stalking, if you were a blacksmith back in the old days and bumped into your customer on the street, wouldn’t you do the same thing?
2. Monitoring your companies mentions and relevant hashtags is not only necessary for lead generation but also enables you to connect with folk that have used you, bought from you or are likely to. Even if the mention is a negative one, see this as an opportunity to engage in a positive way.
3. Create a call to action so your customers and potential customers can connect with you on Facebook. Reward you customers with discounts and vouchers if they like your page. Engage with them on their page and join groups and discussion they partake in.
4. Be consistent and quick. There is nothing worse than asking someone a question online and having to wait days for a response.
5. Be open, transparent and friendly. Always.