Updated: Mar 10
You hear me talk of connection time and time again. It’s what makes the world go round. Without it nobody would meet each other, nothing would happen, the universe would not move forward! You may remember my Connection Cycle also? In business its crucial to connect. I connect every day and the ‘strategy’ is an action plan to achieve a particular goal.
Without a strategy, a surgeon could kill someone. Without a strategy, Crystal Palace wouldn’t have managed another year in the premiership. Ahem. There is most definitely a ‘strategy’ etiquette among marketers. Some think if they throw the word out there, their audience will automatically believe they mean business, others (like me) are desperate for an alternative term. It’s a fairly scary word to some.
The main thing you need to decide is where you want to end up. Is it to be connected to a particular person or persons, to do business with a particular company, to become world famous at something or just to grow your business connections or followers? Whatever it is, note it down. Now you have your end point. All you have to do now is work out how to get there, what tools you have to use and including some kind of measuring strategy to work out what is working (and what isn’t).
Sounds simple right?
Follow these simple rules:
1. List Your Objectives and make them realistically achievable.
2. Create an action plan on how to achieve these objectives, stating what, where, when, why, how.
3. What tools do you have on offer and how effective are they?
4. Who will leverage what you are trying to achieve and how can you get in touch with them?
5. How will you measure your connection activity?
The Connection Cycle